[Freeswitch-users] High Availability Cluster Module for FreeSWITCH

Marcin Gozdalik gozdal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 01:21:00 MSK 2013

I did some, I got some anecdotes from people running them. It
certainly is possible to handle *some* failure cases, but there are
some *other* cases that will be not handled correctly.

Personally I've observed OpenSIPS that run out of some internal memory
and anyhow you wanted to monitor it it will reply it is alive. It will
even route your simple call scenarios well! Unfortunately the "real"
calls were *usually* timing out, but always. Sorry, but I can't
imagine how you can automatically handle that, i.e. discover that this
node is "bad" and fail-over to some other. Even if you do that
correctly your monitoring tool can check that this node is operating
perfectly well (because after all the traffic is diverted from the
faulty node it begins to work well) and will want to move the traffic
back.

By "impossible" I mean handling all such gray areas. Certainly if
you'll power down the box or unplug Ethernet it is possible to migrate
live calls to some other box.

I'd just like to have HA that works everytime and everywhere and try
to poke some holes in reasoning in hope it'll help to reach better
solution.

Marcin Gozdalik