[Freeswitch-users] High Availability Cluster Module for FreeSWITCH

Eliot Gable egable+freeswitch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 21:45:33 MSK 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Vik Killa <vipkilla at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I would like to see that statement put to the test. I would like to see
> > someone attempt to put Corosync (or whatever existing solution) to use as
> > the HA engine in a FS cluster. I suspect the amount of work involved is
> way
> > more than has been suggested. If it really were that easy ("easy" being
> > relative compared to what people perceive Eliot is doing) then I suspect
> it
> > would have been done already.
>
> Hey MC,
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Enterprise_deployment_with_Corosync
> ^ I wrote that months ago. Pretty easy :)

ip link set <your_interface> arp off

Watch your cluster sit there like an idiot while your traffic fails and you
spend hours trying to find the cause.

ethtool -s <your_interface> speed 10 duplex half

Watch your cluster sit there like an idiot while your traffic fails and you
spend hours trying to find the cause.

Rinse and repeat with literally dozens upon dozens of other things you
could do where your cluster just sits there broken and you pull your hair
out.

Still seem simple?