[Freeswitch-users] ESL and Event Socket with secure connection

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 23:32:02 MSK 2013

I suspect he more meant stunnel-like stuff for tunnelling the connection
via SSH.

Putty (or plink) allow you to tunnel connections via SSH very easily. But
making sure it's running all the time and reconnecting automatically would
be the hard part. You could fork() and exec() it from your connecting
program.

A VPN such as OpenVPN may be easier, but you are probably then going to
have to connect via a central hub rather than directly then.

ESL itself is a plaintext protocol and has no encryption or identity
verification of its own, though it would be nice if a TLS option could be
added.

-Steve