[Freeswitch-users] How to refuse T.38 requests

gegetel geo.cherchetout at laposte.net
Tue Dec 31 19:02:40 MSK 2013

Le 30/12/2013 19:03, *Ali Pey* wrote:

> 200 OK is a proper respond in this scenario as FS did receive the Update for
> an existing SIP session. Codec negotiation is a different story and is
> negotiated through SDP (Offer/Answer).
>
> If FS responds with a 4XX response code, the call would very likely be
> dropped which probably be a less desired outcome.

Here you can see what happens when I send successfully a fax with Ekiga as
an ATA, directly from my pc: http://cjoint.com/?0LFqxM5ew40
Yes, two loaded pages (and many more in other times) with 0 error at 14400
bit/s, this is possible with some softphones. :-)

Here you can see what happens when I attempt to send a fax through
FreeSwitch: http://cjoint.com/?0LFqzE3zgXj

(In the two cases, the same account and the same sip provider are used.)

And the errors displayed in red letters in FreeSwitch console:
http://cjoint.com/?0LFqADKuAaY

I am not pretending FreeSwitch doesn't work correctly, I whas only wishing
to know if some setting exists to make possible sending classical faxes via
my sip provider...