[Freeswitch-users] New JavaScript module using Google V8!

Peter Olsson peter at olssononline.se
Tue Dec 31 15:12:12 MSK 2013

That's good news - the more interest the better :)

About using the cpp wrapper - I thought it was easier to port the stuff
from mod_spidermonkey. The problem is that the C++ integration in V8 is
kind of messy (and not as straight forward as Lua), so I ended up writing a
couple a base classes, which is then extended for the different JS classes,
for instance Session, Event, FileIO etc. Main part of the code in these
classes has been ported from the existing code in mod_spidermonkey - but
modified to fit the V8 API (and cleaned up, refactored etc.)

RIght now I would say the completion state (for a working code base) is
about 95% - I mostly need more testing right now, and after that a working
build system for both Linux and Windows.

I will get back with more information later on - and if someone is
inerested in helping with some testing, just contact me.

/Peter