[Freeswitch-users] Gateways status on DB

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 02:20:14 MSK 2013

Also if you're doing something like watching for when gateways go up/down,
subscribing to ESL events will be much more efficient than polling a
database - it removes the need to poll so less CPU/IO and will react
immediately on receiving the event instead of waiting up to the poll
interval.

You can either connect via ESL (there are some libraries in the git
repository, as well as some 3rd party ones scattered around... it's also a
pretty simple protocol if you want to write your own code) or use one of
the other event modules such as for ZMQ if that integrates into your
software better (eg because you're using it already).