[Freeswitch-users] Changing callee_id_name in a call

Markus Carlstedt mc at samurajdata.se
Thu Dec 19 13:51:26 MSK 2013

Thank you for the answer but as I wrote in another email I found the
solution myself.

For future web searches I thought I'd answer your question anyway,
perhaps it can help someone else.
We wanted to update the display of the phone during a call based on
things that happen to the call.
Example: update the display to show how many are currently attached to a
conference that you are connected to or if you are transferred to a
different conference, also update the display to show it.

If you have a supported phone uuid_display will do the trick and send
the change to the phone.
It seems however that there are many ways to do this and in the
source-code manufacturers and models have hardcoded ways to send to
them.
Our manufacturer (Ascom) was not supported but we knew that they will
accept P-Asserted-ID for screen updates so we added an entry for and it
worked perfectly.

 / Markus