[Freeswitch-users] overriding default timer values

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Dec 18 14:00:41 MSK 2013

Yes.  You can see these options in the stock SIP profile configuration XML:

1)

     <!-- Initial retransmission interval (in milliseconds).
          Set the T1 retransmission interval used by the SIP transaction
engine.
          The T1 is the initial duration used by request retransmission
timers A and E (UDP) as well as response retransmission timer G.   -->
     <!-- <param name="timer-T1" value="500" /> -->

2)

    <!--  Transaction timeout (defaults to T1 * 64).
          Set the T1x64 timeout value used by the SIP transaction engine.
          The T1x64 is duration used for timers B, F, H, and J (UDP) by
the SIP transaction engine.
          The timeout value T1x64 can be adjusted separately from the
initial retransmission interval T1. -->
     <!-- <param name="timer-T1X64" value="32000" /> -->

3)
     <!-- Maximum retransmission interval (in milliseconds).
          Set the maximum retransmission interval used by the SIP
transaction engine.
          The T2 is the maximum duration used for the timers E (UDP) and
G by the SIP transaction engine.
          Note that the timer A is not capped by T2. Retransmission
interval of INVITE requests grows exponentially
          until the timer B fires.  -->
     <!-- <param name="timer-T2" value="4000" /> -->

4)

    <!--
         Transaction lifetime (in milliseconds).
         Set the lifetime for completed transactions used by the SIP
transaction engine.
         A completed transaction is kept around for the duration of T4
in order to catch late responses.
         The T4 is the maximum duration for the messages to stay in the
network and the duration of SIP timer K. -->
     <!-- <param name="timer-T4" value="4000" /> -->

-- Alex