[Freeswitch-users] ESL Outbound for driving IVRs

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Dec 15 10:44:57 MSK 2013

Hi,

Is there any practical way to take drive IVRs dynamically - via an API -
while taking advantage of the more high-level features of the 'ivr' module?

As I understand it, there's no way to pass in the IVR configuration
parameters, i.e. the <menu> tags and their parameters, via ESL.  At
least, I can't find 'ivr' API commands anywhere.  It seems to me that
the only way to do this dynamically would be to mod_xml_curl to
dynamically generate the XML config data in those sections.

Can anyone confirm or deny that?  It would certainly be nice to be able
to do this purely through ESL outbound instead.

Of course, at the end of the day, all these IVR actions can be manually
scripted out through dialplan applications and orchestrated through ESL
that way.  But that implies a fair amount of wheel invention, on the
basis that the 'ivr' module provides higher-level wrapping for a lot of
it.  I'd like to use it if possible.

Thanks,

-- Alex

--