[Freeswitch-users] mod_xml_curl creating too many open files

Tim St. Pierre fs-list at communicatefreely.net
Fri Dec 13 23:37:19 MSK 2013

Hello,

I'm having a problem where FS seems to exhaust it's open file limit
after about 7 hours of operation.  Once this happens, the database and
curl connections no longer function, and I usually lose the ability to
get a CLI connection.  Existing calls usually stay up, until I kill -9
and launch again.

I'm using FreeSWITCH Version 1.2.8+git~20130403T221701Z~79be96aa8e
on Centos 2.6.18-348.el5

This machine had been running solid for at least 90 days without a hitch
- I had almost hit 500K sessions, when this started happening two days
ago.  I have changed very little on the machine - the odd dialplan
route, and nothing that seems to coincide with that time.

It looks like CURL is not closing sockets properly, as netstat shows
between 2000 - 4000 http connections in TIME_WAIT state.  The number
slowly creeps up, then down a little, then up some more until it all
comes crashing down.

ls /proc/15742/fd|wc -l currently returns about 400.  It was 300 an hour
ago.  When it gets to 1024, I'm going to have to restart again.

Any suggestions as to where I should look?

-Tim