[Freeswitch-users] Olly olly oxen FreeSWITCH!

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 03:34:13 MSK 2013

Few things:

There are actually downloadable binaries for both windows and many
varieties of linux.

Though you were being caddy, I think your description of having your own
shortcomings in understanding NAT is probably accurate.  We set the default
config in FS to work behind nat even on windows opening firewall ports etc.
 And I can't recall having a NAT env we can't handle.  Consider the latest
FS book where I personally authored the NAT chapter.

The stable branch is not a guarantee of anything.  We have commercial
support options available but even then that gets you immediate assistance
if a bug is discovered not a guarantee of no bugs.

An Instant liveCD of FS used to exist, making that and/or VM is not much
work but nothing we have a ton of time for.  Maybe if we ever get a chance
to come up for air.

Finally, I don't believe Brian was asking for people to discuss why they
are not instantly satisfied by their first look at FS or even how to get
more people to be exposed to it.  He asked for a discussion on building an
open awareness of larger companies who already use FS but are reluctant to
make it obvious.  Therefore, though I welcome your feedback and take no
offense to it.  I do think it may be slightly offtopic.  That said, I
concede we could improve our out of box experience and we have some ideas
an not enough time to move as fast as we'd like in implementing them.

Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬

☞ http://freeswitch.org/http://cluecon.com/http://twitter.com/FreeSWITCH
☞ irc.freenode.net #freeswitch ☞ *http://freeswitch.org/g+
<http://freeswitch.org/g+>*