[Freeswitch-users] display name updates with two outbound channels

Hristo Trendev dist.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 17:42:08 MSK 2013

Hi,

I am trying to bridge two remote endpoints via originate as described at
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_commands#originate

originate sofia/example/300 at foo.com &bridge(sofia/example/400 at bar.com)

All goes well, with the exception of display name updates. The problem is
that any updates from the second call leg (400 at bar.com) are not sent to the
300 at foo.com call leg. As soon as 400 at bar.com sends an update I can see a
message in the log that says (just an example):

Update Callee ID to "Name" <123123123>

However, nothing is being sent out to the first call leg (300 at foo.com) and
the endpoint doesn't update the displayed party name.

Technically we have 2 *outbound* call legs in this case:
leg 1: from FS to 300 at foo.com
leg 2: from FS to 400 at foo.com

so a *callee* ID update from leg 2 should translate into *caller* ID update
on leg 1. I am not sure how to accomplish this. Is it possible at all?

BTW, I tried setting <param name="send-display-update" value="true"/> in
the sip profile, but it makes no difference. I also thought about updating
the ID on call leg 1 via an api call (for example api_on_answer or
similar), but I couldn't find any api/application that will allow me to
actively change the ID of the call leg if it was already answered. I am
trying this on v1.2.14.

Regards,
Hristo