[Freeswitch-users] FS codec negotiation...

rumodigital . webmaster.rumodigital at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 18:37:22 MSK 2013

hello guys!

I'm migrating from Asterisk to FS... after a few hours studying and am very
pleased with what I have seen.
I take the opportunity to ask a question about the codecs:

if I have a softphone or hardphone with different codecs no way to
communicate? eg.

Doug (A) and Bob (B)
(A) codecs: G722,PCMU
(B) Codecs: GSM,Speex

FS list codecs: G722,PCMU,PCMA,GSM,Speex

profile:
<param name="inbound-codec-negotiation" value="generous"/>
<param name="inbound-late-negotiation" value="true"/>

codecs FS:
codec, G.722, mod_spandsp
codec, GSM, mod_spandsp
codec, Speex, mod_speex

Doug dials Bob is possible transcoding by FS? here does not work, I'm
missing some detail?

Regards to all!
Doug