[Freeswitch-users] Detecting and blocking fax calls

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Tue Dec 3 01:19:21 MSK 2013

On 11/29/2013 09:41 PM, Ali Pey wrote:
> You can use something like this:
>
> <action application="set" data="execute_on_answer=spandsp_start_fax_detect transfer 'fax XML
> default' 5"/>
>
> The chances are that some faxes won't get detected but I have never heard that regular phone calls
> would go to fax.

I have seen some FAX calls fail detection and go to voice mail - the audio appears low on these
calls and I have improved it by turning up the gain by 3dB.  I could be that there are FAX machines
that don't provide the proper level?

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://xtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme a lot. -Mark Twain