[Freeswitch-users] rtp-timer-name variable

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 01:12:35 MSK 2013

As I already explained.  When timer-name set to none, it does blocking
reads on the audio vs timed ones.  If the other end has a skew in clock
freq with the FS then it will timeout erroneously.  Having blocking reads
ensures you only read audio when there is actually some there.  Basically
this timer-name set to none makes FS behave just like asterisk does by
default.

Keep in mind we do not support virtual servers beyond friendly advice
because it quickly turns into time-consuming project to help people
configure their virtual envs.

The basic idea is, unless you are using the high yield cpu version of ec2,
you can have timing issues at any time because the EC2 will steal the cpu
at will.

You should probably get some pcaps and look at the deltas and timestamps on
each side of the call.

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

MSN:anthony_minessale at hotmail.com
GTALK/JABBER/PAYPAL:anthony.minessale at gmail.com