[Freeswitch-users] mod_gsmopen - extremely choppy announcement on placing call

Jayanth Acharya jayachar88 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 01:09:49 MSD 2013

Hi,

For the very first call I place using my mobile phone, to the UMTS dongle
that is used as a mod_gsmopen endpoint, I distinctly hear an announcement,
but that is extremely choppy, and I am unable to understand what it says.
Soon after, I get a SEGV -- repeatable and already have a JIRA filed for
same.

What could be the reason for the extremely chopping announcements? Is it
the rather low-end Celeron 1.5GHz w/ 512MB RAM.

Thanks in anticipation for any hints / pointers.

cheers,
Jay