[Freeswitch-users] Implications of [inbound|outbound]-use-callid-as-uuid in sofia.xml

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 23:14:28 MSD 2013

Correct, you are at the mercy of the call-id being unique and uniqueness
cannot be guaranteed.
Many sip endpoints at least try pretty hard to make sure they are unique
but there is really nothing to enforce it.

Alternatively, you do have the sip_call_id variable present so its not that
hard to correlate them.

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Ben Langfeld <ben at langfeld.co.uk> wrote:

> I would imagine the issue is that an incoming INVITE CallID might not
> strictly be unique. I'm not sure if "use-callid-as-uuid" deals with this
> at all...
>

> On 28 August 2013 06:51, Kim Rostgaard Christensen <krc at retrospekt.dk>wrote:

>> consulting at freeswitch.org
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com