[Freeswitch-users] Roaming Extensions?

soapee01.fs at stubbornroses.com soapee01.fs at stubbornroses.com
Wed Aug 28 18:53:13 MSD 2013

On 8/28/2013 5:46 AM, EL wrote:
> Thanks for the input Soeren, Andrew and Stanislav.
>
> I'm kind of wondering that nobody has implemented a clean method of
> hotdesking yet and/or documented to relevant configuration. Something
> about reinventing the wheel so to say... ;)
>
> I'm currently not in an urgent need of hotdesking, but that might change
> in the near future.
Exactly, why implement the wheel?  It's all xml and lua in FusionPBX,
and MPL.  The PHP just generates the xml.

Log In:
http://code.google.com/p/fusionpbx/source/browse/trunk/fusionpbx/app/hot_desking/resources/xml/dialplan/470_hot-desk-login.xml

Log Out:
http://code.google.com/p/fusionpbx/source/browse/trunk/fusionpbx/app/hot_desking/resources/xml/dialplan/475_hot-desk-logout.xml

Lua:
http://code.google.com/p/fusionpbx/source/browse/trunk/fusionpbx/includes/install/scripts/dial_string.lua

config.lua (inlcuded by the above lua script) is generated at install.
IIRC on the latest versions it contains the db settings as well. My
older system looks like:
admin_pin = "4123";
sounds_dir = "/usr/local/freeswitch/sounds";
recordings_dir = "/usr/local/freeswitch/recordings";
tmp_dir = "/tmp";

You could always just install fusion on a vm, enable hot desking and
copy it off and tweak it.  Probably the easiest thing to do.  Mark's
done some very cool things with lua.  Improvements are always welcome too.

Regards,

James aka soapee01