[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch on ubuntu VM on hyper-v

Jeff Leung jleung at v10networks.ca
Tue Aug 27 19:31:00 MSD 2013

I would have to say that one can expect audio distortion issues is just
not true anymore.

With the new Hyper-V integration code present since the 3.5 and 3.8
kernels which Ubuntu 12.04 and 13.04 uses, the Linux kernel can use a
synthetic clock source that Hyper-V provides just like KVM does. Even
the CentOS 6.4 kernel uses a synthetic clock source too as the guys at
Red Hat back ported a lot of changes from the upstream Hyper-V code back
to their kernel.

If the synthetic clock source doesn't work out for you, there is always
the good old mod_timerfd to fix issues like this.