[Freeswitch-users] Recording Duration on EC2

Byron Clark byron at theclarkfamily.name
Mon Aug 26 21:36:15 MSD 2013

I'm using FreeSWITCH on EC2 to call into a conference bridge and record the
audio from the conference. It works well except for one thing: the
recording contains all the audio from the call, but the duration of the
file is shorter than the call. The duration is typically 3-5 seconds
shorter than the call for each 5 minutes of call. On a recent test, wall
clock showed a duration of 15:32.93 but the duration of the recording file
was 15:19.96. The ugly part is that this only happens on EC2 instances
where there is some CPU steal time (<5%) occurring.

Here's my setup:
Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04
FreeSWITCH: 1.2.12

Command I'm using to start the call:
originate {record_waste_resources=true}sofia/external/SIPADDR
&record(/tmp/record1.wav) default default

Any ideas on how to make the recording duration actually match up with the
call duration? Or even what's really going wrong so I can work on fixing
that?

--
Byron Clark