[Freeswitch-users] fifo recording, loopback and other evil stuff

Wesley Akio wesleyakio at tuntscorp.com
Tue Aug 27 05:13:15 MSD 2013

Hi all,

As far as I can tell there is no way to use fifo_record_template with
variables for on hook agents. I has been asked and asked again, with no
easy answer.

Keeping that in mind I went down a not so pleasant path:

<member timeout="10" simo="1"
lag="5">{fifo_member_wait=nowait,ignore_early_media=true,loopback_bowout=false,loopback/a1000/default</member>

As you can see there is a loopback right there. The recording is done in
the dialplan and things work as they should, to a point.

Since the softphone of choice has more than one line and nobody seems to be
able to disable it we use the limit app to avoid call waiting, hence the
loopback_bowout=false, otherwise the limit is freed on bowout.

Point being: Does someone know a way to record the outgoing call to a fifo
on hook agent in a cleaner way?

Best,

Wesley Akio
TuntsCorp.com