[Freeswitch-users] FS Caller id behavior

Grant Bagdasarian GB at cm.nl
Mon Aug 26 13:01:28 MSD 2013

Hello,

Consider the following scenario:

SIP Server --------> Freeswitch SBC --------> Carrier

The SIP Server originates a call through FS SBC to the Carrier. FS bridges A and B Legs.
The caller id is set by the SIP Server:

1)      First attempt with caller id visible

2)      Second attempt with caller id blocked (anonymous)

I tested this, but in both attempts the caller id was shown on the called party's phone.

The Remote-Party-ID of the SIP INVITE (B-Leg: FS to Carrier) in the second attempt was like this, because the A leg INVITE didn't contain a Remote-Party-ID header:
Remote-Party-ID: "anonymous" <sip:31123456789 at 10.0.0.1>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=off.

When I configure FS to always dial out anonymously by setting the below variables, the call is bridged anonymously.
        <action application="privacy" data="full"/>
        <action application="set" data="sip_h_Privacy=id"/>
        <action application="set" data="privacy=yes"/>

In the case of dialing anonymously the Remote-Party-ID looks like this:
Remote-Party-ID: "31123456789" <sip:31123456789 at 10.0.0.1>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=full.

So I'm assuming the problem lies with the SIP Server which initially initiates the call. It doesn't set the Remote-Party-ID header (correctly).

If it did set it correctly, and I didn't configure the  variables for anonymous dialing in FS, would FS still dial out anonymously? Or will the Remote-Party-ID be reset by FS?