[Freeswitch-users] mod_gsmopen: some success - hear crackly unintelligible announcement

Jayanth Acharya jayachar88 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 11:43:11 MSD 2013

In future pls use pastebin to upload logs, instead of attaching them to
emails! These days people check mails on tablets etc., so large attachments
become a problem for them :-) !  Also, might be better to run this in an
independent thread and not use the existing threads.

I see this:
2013-08-25 12:27:03.563390 [DEBUG] mod_gsmopen.cpp:1598 rev
4a3d1a0|4a3d1a0[(nil)|37     ][DEBUG_GSMOPEN  1598 ][gsm01     ][-1, 0, 0]
controldevice_name=/dev/ttyUSB3
2013-08-25 12:27:03.563390 [DEBUG] mod_gsmopen.cpp:1599 rev
4a3d1a0|4a3d1a0[(nil)|37     ][DEBUG_GSMOPEN  1599 ][gsm01     ][-1, 0, 0]
controldevice_audio_name=/dev/ttyUSB2
2013-08-25 12:27:03.563390 [DEBUG] mod_gsmopen.cpp:1601 rev
4a3d1a0|4a3d1a0[(nil)|37     ][DEBUG_GSMOPEN  1601 ][gsm01     ][-1, 0, 0]
gsmopen_serial_sync_period=300
2013-08-25 12:27:03.563390 [ERR] gsmopen_protocol.cpp:137 rev
4a3d1a0|4a3d1a0[(nil)|37     ][ERRORA  137  ][gsm01     ][-1, 0, 0] port
/dev/ttyUSB3, NOT open

What does: "ls -l /dev/ttyUSB*" tell you ?
I presume that you are running FreeSwitch as a root, or as a user that has
been added to sudoers or similar logic to achieve root privileges at run
time ?
Also, did you try "wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf" as root ? It'll tell you
which ports are modem ports (i.e. control ports... as against voice ports
-- USB bulk transfer) ?