[Freeswitch-users] make sounds-install, only downloads tar.gz sound file ?

Jayanth Acharya jayachar88 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 10:54:27 MSD 2013

Hi,

Built the latest Git HEAD, following the Wiki instructions (I think
meticulously). After some minor hiccups (filed a bug report in JIRA), I
think I have the all-good, see the "Come to Cluecon..." message.

I tried doing 2 things post that, i.e.:

# make sounds-install

followed by

# make samples

while the latter (installing sample config) went fine, the sounds-install
step just seemed to use wget (I think) to download
freeswitch-sounds-en-us-callie-8000-1.0.25.tar.gz file, and didn't seem to
do anything else. Maybe, it does so non-interactively. Could anyone confirm
?

My aim is to setup a SIP-GSM gateway using mod_gsmopen, and I had taken
care to enable it in modules.conf and ensured that it was built fine
(that's where I faced the minor hiccups). I hope I am good to go (of
course, need to figure out a ton of the configuration and platform
management things).

cheers,
Jay