[Freeswitch-users] in/outbound-use-uuid-as-callid as channel variables

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 17:53:10 MSD 2013

> They didn't seem to have any effect - I still saw a new SIP callid on the
> b-leg INVITE

Perhaps you're misunderstanding the purpose of them.

Every channel in FreeSWITCH has a UUID. On a bridge you have two different
channels (inbound & outbound). Their UUIDs -must- be different, to tell
them apart.

The setting you found sets the UUID from the Call-ID on the inbound
channel, and visa versa for the outbound channel. That mostly makes it
easier to match up packet traces to calls, and your CDRs to a customers
(since they know the Call-ID but not your internal UUID).

If you set both the UUID of the incoming channel will be the incoming
Call-ID, the outgoing UUID will be generated by FreeSWITCH and the outgoing
Call-ID will match the outgoing UUID. You cannot set the same UUID for both.

Have you tried exporting the sip_call_id variable from the aleg to the
bleg? I don't know if that variable is read-only though. If sofia will read
from that should be sufficient, you won't need to tweak the UUIDs of the
channels.

If that doesn't work you could also try setting origination_uuid to
sip_call_id in the bridge dialstring, along with the outgoing parameter you
found.

-Steve