[Freeswitch-users] freeDTM detect if line is in use

Karl Schmidt karl at xtronics.com
Thu Aug 8 01:48:55 MSD 2013

On 08/07/2013 11:18 AM, Moises Silva wrote:
> You can execute CLI commands (which in FreeSWITCH lingo are called APIs) from the dialplan using
> dollar-sign syntax such as:
>
> <condition field="${ftdm_usage(1 1)}" expression="^0$">
> </condition>

Testing from the cli:

freeswitch at internal> ftdm_usage 1 1
0
freeswitch at internal> eval ${ftdm_usage (1 1)}
-ERR invalid span

freeswitch at internal> eval ${ftdm_usage 1 1}
0

I think we need to drop the parenthesis?

Added this to the wiki for the next guy..

Also, is there a command to list all of the available commands from the cli? Something like ls
/usr/bin would do for us in bash.

Or even a place in the source code that would list all the ftdi commands?

I'm getting things going - finding the learning curve steep in spite of having read all 3 books, but
I'm getting old..

One thing that would be very useful would be some dialplan log command that would dump all the
available variables to the cli - so you can at least know what you have to work with.

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl at xtronics.com
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

They can print money; they cannot print wealth.
Wealth only comes from productive behavior.
Printing money only destroys the ability of wealth
producers to produce more wealth. KPS