[Freeswitch-users] Mod_distributor question

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 13:24:59 MSD 2013

Dear users,

I'm trying to figure out how this mod_distributor works. I've a few
questions to help me get this going.

I've defined two of my gateways in the distributor.conf.xml like this:

<configuration name="distributor.conf" description="Distributor
Configuration">
  <lists>
    <list name="GWLB" total-weight="2">
      <node name="OpenSIPS-A" weight="1"/>
      <node name="OpenSIPS-B" weight="1"/>
    </list>
  </lists>
</configuration>

and so when I reload the distributor from API I get the following warning:

freeswitch at internal> distributor_ctl reload
+ok reloaded.
2013-08-06 14:17:16.652087 [WARNING] mod_distributor.c:201 Total weight
does not add up to total weight 10

So I've changed the total-weight to 10, and set weight of each node as 5.
That gives the same warning as well.

A Warning is fine, but as soon as I just use API to expand the list I get a
proper gateway name for the first two times only and then -err starts
showing up until I reload the distributor.

freeswitch at internal> expand distributor GWLB
OpenSIPS-A
freeswitch at internal> expand distributor GWLB
OpenSIPS-B
freeswitch at internal> expand distributor GWLB
-err
freeswitch at internal> expand distributor GWLB
-err
freeswitch at internal>

The last question is regarding use of this distributor from LUA script.

I call in the distributor like this from my LUA.

session =
freeswitch.Session("{ignore_early_media=true,origination_caller_id_number="..outbound_cli.."}sofia/gateway/${distributor(GWLB)}/"..
phone_number);

and that gives a straight error:

[ERR] mod_sofia.c:4668 Invalid Gateway '%{distributor(GWLB)}'

I hope somebody can share their knowledge on this module and help me move
forward with my project.

Best Regards,
Sammy