[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH -- 30 Second call drop

EL fs.user at fordior.net
Mon Aug 5 17:38:30 MSD 2013

Hello Paul,

I tried your checklist, but that wasn't the solution in my setup.

For everyone who's running FS on a public server (WAN ip) in
combination with a VPN:

----
sip_profiles/internal.xml:

<param name="rtp-ip" value="your-internal-VPN-ip"/>
<param name="sip-ip" value="your-internal-VPN-ip"/>
<param name="ext-sip-ip" value="your-internal-VPN-ip"/>
<param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="your-internal-VPN-ip"/>
----

My mistake was giving both ext-sip-ip and ext-rtp-ip my WAN IP
address.  After several dumpcaps and analysing these with wireshark, I
noticed a change in the 'Via:' address of the SIP Message Header.
Instead of the internal VPN ip address, it changed to my WAN address.
So the ACK wasn't answered and therefor the call was disconnected
after 32 seconds.

(Please note that all these values in the sip_profiles/external.xml
need to have the WAN ip address.)

Maybe this information will help someone else some day...

@jackal:
Thanks for pointing out some usefull informations regarding ICMP and MTU.

Cheers!
--
EL