[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH Utilization in Government and Municipalities

Raymond Chandler intralanman at freeswitch.org
Thu Aug 1 19:24:47 MSD 2013

On 07/31/2013 03:27 PM, McKnight, Jeffrey wrote:

> I am implementing FreeSWITCH in my county in the very near future.

Happy to hear that. Especially as a former Florida resident :-)

> I have an approved preliminary plan to roll out a couple of hundred
> VOIP phones, but need case studies of FreeSWITCH utilized in
> government or municipal applications in order to proceed on a larger
> scale. Fire departments, law enforcement, emergency operations, and
> 911 applications would also be helpful.  It appears that some feel
> that government is so different than commercial applications, that it
> warrants further investigation.

There are some cases in which that is true.  When you start talking
about dealing with 911, police, fire, etc then it's worth noting to keep
in mind those with disabilities that would require TDD (which FreeSWITCH
has support for) and other accomodations.  Aside from that, there aren't
too many things that I can think of that are much different than normal
enterprise installations with thousands of users.

Looking forward to seeing you at ClueCon

-Ray