[Freeswitch-users] T38 Re-INVITE: FS responds 100 Trying, nothing further happens

Örn Arnarson orn at arnarson.net
Tue Apr 30 14:35:23 MSD 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to get T38 gatewaying to work. I have a call coming in with FAX
audio, and an endpoint that needs T38. The endpoint will send a T38
re-invite, to which FS responds 100 trying, and after 40 seconds the
endpoint will give up (citing stale 100 trying).

I set these variables before briding:
<action application="set" data="fax_enable_t38=true"/>
<action application="set" data="fax_enable_t38_request=true"/>

And then I bridge like this (dialstring is sofia/profile/number at ip:port):
<action application="bridge" data="{execute_on_image=t38_gateway self
nocng}${dialstring}"/>

I've tried all variants I can think of, and always have the same result,
except for when fax_enable_t38 = false, in which case FS rejects the
re-invite.

I found some old discussions on the mailing list alluding to the same
problem, but not much in the way of solutions.

Can anybody give me a pointer as to what I'm doing wrong? I was running a
git clone from 1.2.2, but I upgraded to latest stable (1.2.7) with the same
results.

Here's what happens in FS. At the very end you can see the Re-INVITE, and
then nothing happens post that point.
http://pastebin.freeswitch.org/20853

Best regards,
Örn