[Freeswitch-users] Alarm, KISS OFF

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Tue Apr 30 04:27:47 MSD 2013

The commonest alarm protocol is Ademco Contact ID and it variants. This
is very undemanding of the channel, and it would take a pretty broken
VoIP connection to stop them working. VoIP channels tend to fail for
alarms when people ignore the fact that VoIP usually uses mains powered
terminals, with no battery backup. A simple power outage means no
911/999/112/whatever calls, and no alarm protocols. That's the real
weakness.

Steve