[Freeswitch-users] State of Call Progress Analysis (CPA)

Lynn Nielson lynn.nielson at greenseedtechnologies.com
Fri Apr 19 00:31:15 MSD 2013

I am looking for comments and opinions on the current state of Call
Progress Analysis (CPA) with FreeSwitch.  I believe Sangoma has a solution
with their Lyra product but that a current module for that product is still
in development.  At one time, work was being done with LumenVox, but that
has stopped.  There was a module (mod_woomera), part of Dialogic, but it is
over two years old.  And there is the VMD and AVMD modules that indicate a
high processing load to run effectively.  Mostly, it seems that any CPA
used needs to run separate from FreeSwitch in a proxy or re-directed mode
to be effective under any kind of heavy load.

A few years ago, this topic was popular, but lately it has either been
regulated out of existence or found to be in-effective.  Is there anyone
with experience using call progress analysis or opinions on the topic?

Thanks,

--
Lynn Nielson
Green Seed Technologies