[Freeswitch-users] Weird port in "Contact", SIP/2.0 200 OK message

Lawrence Conroy lconroy at insensate.co.uk
Thu Apr 18 14:14:57 MSD 2013

Hi There,
  With apologies for not whinging earlier:
[environment: clean Mac OS 10.6.8 with basic prerequisites installed (i.e., not using Brew/Fink/ports), on Core 2 Duo MBP]
I note that, when building fS (with current as of today, with make current & make sure), I do get an odd comment in the configure output re. STUN.
Running ./configure gives, during the mode_sofia part, the following fragment:

configure: WARNING: ** STUN support disabled **
checking that generated files are newer than configure... done
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating packages/Makefile
config.status: creating packages/sofia-sip-ua.pc
config.status: creating packages/sofia-sip-ua-glib.pc
config.status: creating libsofia-sip-ua/Makefile

This has been the case for a while, but as I don't use STUN in my configurations, it doesn't bite me and does work (with my comments on fs-4786).

Q: Does the configure output mean what it says, how does one enable stun support, and does this have an impact on the question here?

all the best,
  Lawrence