[Freeswitch-users] Cisco / Linksys SPA8000 Opinions

Gerald Drouillard gerrylist at drouillard.ca
Sat Apr 13 15:32:03 MSD 2013

On 4/11/2013 6:49 AM, Mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're looking at getting a Cisco / Linksys SPA8000 for T.38 fax
> termination (with FreeSWITCH configured for T.38 Passthru).
>
> I know from past experience that T.38 code can vary wildly in it's
> quality from gateway to gateway - so does anyone have any experience
> with / views of this particular one?
You can try this guide I have created for sipx systems:
http://www.drouillard.biz/blog/sipxecs-and-cisco-spa8800-and-spa8000/

We have used Appia and Voice Innovations as voip providers and have had
pretty good stats.  We also use t38modem with hylafax but find there are
a few numbers you just cannot fax to.

--
Regards