[Freeswitch-users] Detecting call loops while not relying on the hop counter

Victor Chukalovskiy victor.chukalovskiy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 06:23:33 MSD 2013

Hello,

I have a scenario where FS routes hundreds of calls and loop detection
is needed. Adding to that, I can't rely on hop counter being decremented
by other network elements. I can use limit in the following fashion:

<action application="limit" data="hash loop_test
${caller_id_number}${destination_number} 10 !NORMAL_CIRCUIT_CONGESTION"/>

So, whenever I have 10 calls with the same calling and called party
number combination, limit will kick-in and break the loop.

*Question*: Is this efficient from the perspective of how "limit" and
hash back-end work? Once I have a few thousand calls, all having unique
"resource" will this become resource hungry?
My main concern is that it will create hundreds of hash entries all
having the same realm but unique resource.

Anyone knows a better solution?

Thank you,
Victor