[Freeswitch-users] Do I need a new dns resource records for each tenant?

Stephen Thwaites stephen.thwaites at callstera.com
Thu Apr 11 00:59:06 MSD 2013

Hi,
I have recently setup a multi-tenant FS following the two links on the
wiki. This works well, I also currently add a subdomain per tenant
pointing to the IP address of my FS server. However after reading
this:

http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2012-November/089467.html

Realized it was probably not necessary. I was experimenting with a
siemens gigaset and the voip account settings allow to fill in field
for domain, the fields for registration server and sip proxy I filled
in with the IP of my machine. FS with this setup found the right
context etc. So it seems you don't need a dns record per tenant.

However I don't fully understand the mechanism. Still learning!! I
think the domain field defined in the voip account of the gigaset puts
this in the 'from' bit of the SIP message and FS uses this to find the
corresponding tenant. But the gigaset uses the IP address to contact
the FS server for both registrations and invites.

Can anybody clarify this?

Regards,
Steve.