[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch on ipsec

Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] cal.leeming at simplicitymedialtd.co.uk
Tue Apr 9 22:42:40 MSD 2013

>From personal experience, I would strongly recommend running the VPN within
the network layer rather than directly on the server.

You could use a pre-built appliance for this (such as Halon VSR), or build
your own router using iptables, or even use a Cisco etc.

This means you don't have to maintain a tunnel for each individual
machines, and keeps a nice clean separation of layers which makes debugging
networking problems easier.

If you use this approach, then running FreeSWITCH over any tunnel should
*just work*.. if you use it locally, then strange things might happen..

This is just based on my own personal experience, others may disagree..
YMMV :)

Hope this helps

Cal