[Freeswitch-users] problems with freeswitch + zrtp in proxy-media mode

Eli Burke eburke at edge-net.net
Tue Apr 9 21:17:48 MSD 2013

We were never able to get Trusted MITM working, but ZRTP can work in proxy-media mode as long as your client sends the zrtp-hash attribute in its SDP. When Freeswitch sees the zrtp-hash attribute it enables logic to pass the zrtp packets through unmolested (using the same SSRC for each call leg).

As Mehroz noted in his original question, Linphone does not currently support zrtp-hash so this can't work. However, Mehroz, if you look in the Feb 2013 archives of the linphone-developers mailing list you can find a patch that adds zrtp-hash support to Linphone. It was recently rejected because it causes side-effects when video is enabled, but you can test it out and see if it fixes the your problem.

-Eli