[Freeswitch-users] Regeneration of DTMF

Michael Lutz mytemike72 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 21:15:33 MSD 2013

Hi,

I have a problem, which I am trying to resolve, but can not exactly figure
out where it is going wrong.

I have an inbound call, this call comes in via SIP and uses inband dtmf, at
the begining of the dialplan I enable dtmf detection using
spandsp_start_dtmf. this works fine, and my Lua recognizes digits correctly.
The tricky part is that I bridge this call in Lua using an api call
"originate", this call is forwarded to the same switch, and is picked up by
another Lua script.
This script, is waiting for a custom event, to end the lua, and is bridged
with a 3rd call. so the 1st and 3rd call can hear each other. This 3rd call
is initiated asynchronosly by an esl server. (this al works fine, and is
not 'the issue'..)

The problem is the receiving end (3rd leg) is receiving the DTMF pressed by
the 1st leg twice. When I eavesdrop the 2nd leg, i only hear the dtmf once,
when i eavesdrop the 3rd leg, I can hear the dtmf twice. So it is somewhere
generated along the way.

I have tryed several different settings, using stop_dtmf_generate on
different legs, but can not seem to diable this regeneration of this extra
dtmf.

Any help would be appreciated as this is really causing issues on my side,

ps, I know this '3rd leg' principle might look a bit weird, but cannot be
avoided,
ps2. When my inbound call comes in using rfc2833, everything works
perfectly.

Best regards,
Michael Lutz.