[Freeswitch-users] [ERR] mod_spidermonkey.c:3439 Error loading ODBC, followed by ReferenceError: ODBC is not defined

Zhenya Malyshev zhenya.malyshev at onecallnow.com
Tue Sep 25 18:25:52 MSD 2012

Hello everyone,

I am trying to resolve the issue that was discussed a few times in this user group, but by some reason recommended solutions do not work for me.

While calling MySQL using ODBC from javascript I am getting the famous [ERR] mod_spidermonkey.c:3439 Error loading ODBC, followed by ReferenceError: ODBC is not defined
I searched for it and found a perfect explanation by Michael J. and other group participants how to resolve it:

http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2008-September/006863.html
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_spidermonkey_odbc

I installed unixODBC and found <load mod_spidermonkey_odbc /> in spidermonkey.conf.xml,
but I cannot uncomment the languages/mod_spidermonkey_odbc line within the modules.conf file since there is no such line.
I tried to add it, but got the error while re-compiling. While browsing through this user group discussions I sometimes notice inaccuracy in
recommendations which are no essential for experienced users, but misleading for armatures like myself.

I would greatly appreciate if someone could clarify that languages/mod_spidermonkey_odbc in modules.conf statement.
There is only one line referencing spidermonkey and it is languages/mod_spidermonkey.

Thanks,

Eugene