[Freeswitch-users] Automatic Callout and TTS

Hector Geraldino Hector.Geraldino at ipsoft.com
Mon Sep 24 23:17:36 MSD 2012

You will need a man-in-the-middle application (broker) that receives the message and converts it to actionable steps that will be performed in FS.

Of the many ways you have to do this, I can suggest you to explore the Event Socket Outbound – and particulary the Java ESL Client, although you can use pretty much any other language supported by FS. Main idea is: your application will receive the message, and using ESL will generate an outbound call using FreeSWITCH. When the call is answered it will play a message using a TTS engine (flite, cepstral, nuance, etc.), capture the input and do whatever you need with it.

The control of the call can be handled via ESL or using a dialplan.