[Freeswitch-users] Newbie question, FS cli and db (users for user directory)

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Mon Sep 24 03:07:13 MSD 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Peter van Raamsdonk <peetzer at gmail.com> wrote:
> The part although not the same website is on;
>
> https://profiles.google.com/100965631603901259030/buzz
>
> "Another tip is to use cacheable='true' attribute of user xml returned by
> web service. This will make FS to maintain a local cache of the account
> details. The details will stay in cache until cleared. This means that FS
> won't be hitting your web app for every REGISTER request that hoards of SIP
> UAs are sending, it will ask only once upon first request. The subsequent
> requests will be looked up from cache."

Ok, I see what you're talking about. I think what you're looking at
isn't mod_xml_curl wide. It seems to be specific to user registration.
I'm not sure about this, but I don't see the word 'cacheable' in the
mod_xml_curl source, but you do see it on line 1946 of switch_xml.c.
And there too, it appears to have something to do with users.

If any of that is correct, is suggests that you will not be able to
add "cacheable" to your dialplan served up by mod_xml_curl and
"prevent a post every time a dial is made."

Hope that helps.

Best,
Gabe