[Freeswitch-users] The subscriber appears to absent, but only sometimes and at some locations.

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Sep 20 13:37:07 MSD 2012

All,

I have a setup (happens to be domain base multi-tenancy) where we
occasionally have an issue where 1 or 2 (sometimes more) of the
extensions don't ring.

LOG: Can't find user [some_user at location.main-domain.com]
LOG: Cannot create outgoing channel of type [user] cause: [SUBSCRIBER_ABSENT]

Our bridge isn't anything special, but I put it out here so that
there's no question about what we're doing:

bridge(
[execute_on_originate=set_user::user1 at location.main-domain.com]user/user1 at location.main-domain.com,
[execute_on_originate=set_user::user2 at location.main-domain.com]user/user2 at location.main-domain.com,
[execute_on_originate=set_user::user3 at location.main-domain.com]user/user3 at location.main-domain.com,
)

Anyway, some locations report that not all extensions are ringing.
There doesn't seem to be a pattern about when it occurs or what
extension it happens to. While it seems to be only a hand full of
them, I suspect that it's under reported.

I know the extensions are all registered and I've tried calling each
directly and they work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Gabe