[Freeswitch-users] You don't need to save a greeting to override your existing one in Voicemail

Emrah lists at kavun.ch
Sat Sep 15 01:30:33 MSD 2012

It used to be the case with Asterisk as well, now it has changed.
Basically, if you have a greeting in place and want to record a new one… And you suddenly cough in the middle of your recording… Than get interrupted by your boss right after you've pressed #… You just hang up the phone and think that your existing greeting hasn't been altered because you didn't press 2 to save your re-recorded greeting…
Well that's wrong.

Your existing greeting gets overridden as soon as you start the recording. Even if you hang up the phone in the middle of your message, it'll still be recorded and played as your greeting.

I don't think that this calls for a workaround or more studying of the app. I am using the default settings on this and think that it can be improved, so that you can review your greeting before committing it with a save action.
Being able to listen to your existing greeting before re-recording it wouldn't be a bad add-on either.

What is your take on this?

Emrah