[Freeswitch-users] stereo recording problem - tracks out of sync

Dave Horton daveh at beachdognet.com
Mon Sep 10 18:51:53 MSD 2012

I have an application where I create a bridging conference that
outdials a B party, and then I record the stream between the conference
and the B party.  However, the two channels of the resulting stereo
recording are not in sync: for instance, if I call into an IVR and
barge into a prompt by pressing a dtmf, on the recording the dtmf tone
appears several seconds after the barged-in prompt stopped.  Its as if
the stream from the conference to the B leg has been shifted in time so
it no longer matches up properly with the conference mix.  I can't tell
if this variance is constant or gets worse as the conference goes on.
Has anyone a notion of what might be going on here?  Here is my
dialplan:

    <extension name="6174973895" continue="false">
      <condition field="source" expression="mod_sofia"/>
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="6174973895">
                <action application="ring_ready"/>
                <action application="answer"/>
                <action application="start_dtmf"/>
                <action application="set"
data="call_id=${strftime(%Y%m%d_%H%M%S)}_${sip_from_tag}"/>
                <action application="export"
data="outfile=$${base_dir}/tmp/${call_id}.wav"/>

                <action application="lua" data="demo_call2.lua"/>

                <action application="export" data="RECORD_STEREO=true"/>
                <action application="export"
data="nolocal:execute_on_media=record_session ${outfile}"/>

                <action application="export"
data="nolocal:api_on_answer=conference ${call_id} play
misc/this-call-may-be-recorded.wav async"/>
                <action application="conference" data="bridge:
${call_id}@simple:{origination_caller_id_number=${caller_id_number}}sofia/normal_customer/${outdial}@${egress_gateway}"/>

        </condition>
    </extension>