[Freeswitch-users] simultaneous calls

Zaid Tillma ztillma at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 07:10:44 MSD 2012

My goal is to have two phone announce a recording (in a wav file). I have accomplished goal in the following manner:

I have an extension configured like this:

<extension name="wavs">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^2009$">
      <action application="playback" data="/path/to/your.wav"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>

When you call, you get an audio playback.

I am trying to originate a call simultaneously to two separate phone (i.e want to two phone to play audio) at the same time, and  I am doing it like this (and it works):

/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/fs_cli -x 'originate {ignore_early_media=true,sip_auto_answer=true}user/1000  2009'
/usr/local/freeswitch/bin/fs_cli -x 'originate {ignore_early_media=true,sip_auto_answer=true}user/1001  2009'

There's got to be a better way to do this way without having two seperate originates.. I did try the Enterprise originate, but only one phone answered... Not sure if there was a mistake in my Enterprise originate implementation.

Please let me know if there is a more elegant way to do this..