[Freeswitch-users] att_xfer limitations

Emrah lists at kavun.ch
Fri Sep 7 00:09:46 MSD 2012

Dear Anthony,

You're message did not come across very pleasantly, but as it is often the case in writing, sometimes the receiver does not perceive things as they were meant originally. I'll disregard the judgmental portion of your email.

When you refer to the application as a whole, should I assume FreeSWITCH or ATT_XFER?
When you mean thinking outside the box, am I to assume creating work arounds (e.g.: by using loopback calls?) I don't find that quite sexy to be honest.

My previous message never demanded or even asked for an upgrade of a functionality. I stated my thoughts and encouraged the developers to consider my approach and see whether it was worth a revision. I obviously did not mean to attack your work in any way.

So here are my 2 cents:
The att_xfer feature has been implemented for a certain reason. I've seen it working differently on Asterisk where the dialplan is used all the time. Based on that, and as a personal thought worth mentioning, I suggested a similar approach. Leaving the feature as it is, and based on the limited knowledge I currently have on FreeSWITCH, it makes it unusable in any of my use cases.

I divorced my Asterisk boxes and made a commitment to FS. You've built something amazing and I will always try to be constructive where I can.

Best to you Anthony, and again congrats for the super initiative you took by creating FS.

Emrah