[Freeswitch-users] att_xfer limitations

Emrah lists at kavun.ch
Thu Sep 6 19:46:54 MSD 2012

Hi Michael,

It was great to hear you as well, will try to be a regular. :)

I use a Polycom and it does have all the capabilities I need, but I wanted to have the PBX side working for a couple of scenarios where I thought I might need it.
E.g.: pick up a call on your cellphone, walk into the office, att_xfer the call from your cell to your desk and continue the conversation. The reason of using att_xfer is to make sure to release the call when the line is properly established and prevent calls from landing in voicemail inadvertently.

And on a final note, I never had any issue transferring calls from my SIP phones, but for some reason I find the Polycom way somewhat cumbersome and repelling.

Best,