[Freeswitch-users] 1.2 stable x64 installer build issue?

Lawrence Conroy lconroy at insensate.co.uk
Thu Sep 6 14:33:57 MSD 2012

Hi there,
I've had issues with 1.2 stable installer build with VS 2010 pro; I'm unsure if this is a bug in the Setup.wixproj (installer build) file or an error in user.
Please bear with me -- I've just switched from using an old TiBook with Leopard as that required too many system changes to work => I have little idea what I'm doing.

Steps for 1.2 stable x64 build:
-	Git clone -b v1.2.stable, & fire up VS2010pro+Wix3.5 [note -- not express, and without the SDK7.1]
-	Select x64 Release; Unload project mod_cepstral, and delete cepstral from Setup references
-	build -> works fine

-	select x64 Setup -> fails

-	change one of Setup's pre-build event commands from:
"$(WIX)bin\heat.exe" dir "$(ProjectDir)..\..\Win32\Release\sounds" -cg FreeSWITCHSoundFiles8 -gg -scom -sreg -sfrag -srd -dr SOUNDLOCATION -var var.FreeSWITCHSoundFilesDir -out "$(ProjectDir)Fragments\FreeSWITCHSoundFiles8.wxs"
to:
"$(WIX)bin\heat.exe" dir "$(ProjectDir)..\..\x64\Release\sounds" -cg FreeSWITCHSoundFiles8 -gg -scom -sreg -sfrag -srd -dr SOUNDLOCATION -var var.FreeSWITCHSoundFilesDir -out "$(ProjectDir)Fragments\FreeSWITCHSoundFiles8.wxs"

-	build -> works fine

=> Making this pre-build change in VS2010 seems to have worked for me.
[unsurprisingly, with an x64 build, the sounds are placed into the x64/Release path]

I *think* that this pre-build command is generated from Setup.wixproj (near the end of that file).
-	Git clone -b v1.2.stable;
-	edit freeswitch\w32\Setup\Setup.wixproj to change Win32\Release\sounds -> x64\Release\sounds
-	select x64 Release; unload/remove cepstral
-	build -> works fine
-	select x64 Setup
-	build -> works fine

I have NOT built a w32/x86 version in these steps -- maybe that would have pre-loaded the sound files in the "expected" place?
I'm an entire newbie at this Windoz lark, so I'd appreciate some sanity checking.
Q:  Is this a build file "feature" or have I just not setup VS2010 properly?

all the best,
  Lawrence