[Freeswitch-users] Bat-Phone or Moscow RED PHONE Hotline

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Wed Sep 5 01:29:37 MSD 2012

Sipura dialplans (especially) are remarkably powerful.  Here is a
Google Books link to a few examples:

http://books.google.com/books?id=bZA2C9jLiRcC&pg=PA164&lpg=PA164&dq=voip+hacks+bat+phone&source=bl&ots=ZpgBOKtcIz&sig=wLiWdzz1sBnTmFlS0p03sFr4WN0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=e3JGUOXZKujJ0QGy5IGwDA&ved=0CDYQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=voip%20hacks%20bat%20phone&f=false

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> Yeah, this feature has various names, like "hot line" and "auto off-hook
> dial", etc. As a previous post aptly put it, if it has a dialplan then it
> probably can do a hotline. FTR I found this quickie blurb about the PAP2T
> which I'm assuming will work with any Cisco/Sipura ATA FXS ports:
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16471300
>
> Have fun and be sure to wikify this if you get it working in production.
> -MC
>

> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Sean Devoy <sdevoy at bizfocused.com> wrote:
>> > One of my customers has asked if we can setup a phone on an ATA (or
>> > otherwise if necessary) that you just pick up and it is automatically
>> > connected to some number?  Much like the “Bat-phone” or the US to USSR
>> > Emergency Phone in the Situation room out the White House.
>>
>> Without looking into this, I'd say you're looking at a feature on the
>> SIP phone. The servers don't know if the line was picked up or not.
>> So, you need hardware or software that says, "Now that the phone was
>> taken off the hook, call this number." Once you have that, you can
>> solve the rest of the problem in your dialplan.
>>

>> Gabe

>> consulting at freeswitch.org
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com
>>

>> Official FreeSWITCH Sites